Our animals love nothing more than running around outside and playing with anything that moves; picking up all sorts of bacteria and germs as they go. These germs can be harmful to both animals and humans, so here are some tips to help ensure they don’t spread.
Muddy paws can trap bacteria and other germs, so floors frequented by pets coming in from outdoors and floors around litter boxes should be given special attention.
1. Keep a towel at the door to wipe your dogs feet if you can
2. Clean and disinfect the floor by the door and litter box regularly
Animal bedding should be washed regularly. To make this easier chose a bed with removable covers.
1. Thoroughly vacuum the bedding to remove excess hair and dirt, then roll a lint roller over the bedding to remove hairs that the vacuum may have missed
2. Use a mild laundry detergent to wash the bedding as your pets skin may be sensitive to strong detergents – the built-in washing liquid in the Revolution is free from phosphates, colouring agents and preservatives; it is hypoallergenic and ideal for sensitive skin
3. Help neutralise odour by adding one cup of baking soda to the wash
4. Dry on a low temp for 15 minutes to remove hair and wrinkles, then air dry to avoid shrinking the bedding
1. Remove as much dirt as possible using a scrubbing brush
2. Vacuum the rug to remove excess hair and dirt, then roll a lint roller over it to remove hairs that the vacuum may have missed
2. Shake the rug off, tighten all the straps and tuck in dangling parts. Wrap socks or tights around any metal fittings to avoid damaging the washing machine
3. Wash at 30 degrees and using a mild detergent that will not irritate the horses skin – the built-in washing liquid in the Revolution is free from phosphates, colouring agents and preservatives; it is hypoallergenic and ideal for sensitive skin
4. It is best to dry horse rugs outdoors or by hanging them up indoors. Tumble drying a horse rug can melt or damage the fabric and polypropylene bindings and straps causing it to shrink and lose its shape
The Revolution launderette is equipped with an 18kg washing machine and an 18kg dryer, making it perfect for washing large items that you may not be able to wash at home.
To read more about the Revolution launderette, click HERE