The Revolution is a 24/7 outdoor self-service launderette which is equipped with 8kg and 18kg washing machines, built-in hypoallergenic washing liquid and a vented 18kg dryer. The 8kg machine can be used for regular loads or the 18kg machine can be used to wash all your weekly laundry at once or for heavy loads such as duvets, throws, curtains and pillows.
The latest generation of Revolution launderettes are fitted with a multi-touch screen, a modern and user-friendly interface, and features which have been designed to make it easy to use.
Doing laundry is a chore that not many people enjoy because it can be quite time consuming. With the Revolution there is no need to dread doing the washing because with a little planning it can be more time and cost effective that doing the washing at home, or at a high street launderette. Here’s some tips to make doing your washing less of a chore!
1. Have coins set aside. All of the Revolution machines currently only accept coin payments, so make sure you have change with you. It’s £4 for 8kg wash, £8 for 18kg wash and only £1 per 10 minutes for a dry.
2. Sort your washing at home. Sorting your washing and doing all stain pre-treatments at home will save you time and also means that you will have less to carry with you. As the Revolution has a built-in hypoallergenic washing liquid pump that dispenses the right amount of detergent into the machine at the right time, all you need to take with you is your washing.
3. Check inside the washer and dryer before use. Although our machines are checked and maintained frequently by our team of engineers, it’s always a good idea to check the inside of the machine before starting your wash, just in case the person who used the machine before you forgot something. You wouldn’t want a red sock turning all your whites to pinks!
4. Bring a large waterproof bag. The weather here can change pretty quickly, and although there is a shelter above the launderette and all the locations are easily accessible by car, bringing a waterproof bag to put your washing in will ensure that your washing stays clean and fresh until you get home.
5. Make the most of your time. Our Revolution machines are all conveniently located near shops, cafes and parking facilities. A wash cycle takes 30 minutes, giving you enough time to do some shopping or enjoy a coffee. Alternatively, you could sit in your car reading a book or newspaper. The door of the washing machine locks whilst it is in use, so you don’t have to worry about someone accessing the machine whilst your washing is in it.
6. Using the dryer. The dryer costs £2 per 15 minutes, but if you know how long you want to dry your washing for, you can put multiple coins in before the machine starts. The door of the dryer does not lock, so you are able to open the machine and check on your washing at any time.